1. Why is the series arrangement not used for domestic circuits?
2. How does the resistance of a wire vary with its area of cross-section?
3. Why are copper and aluminium wires usually employed for electricity transmission?
4. Why are the conductors of electric heating devices, such as bread-toasters and electric irons, made of an alloy rather than a pure metal?
5. Why are coils of electric toasters and electric irons made of an alloy rather than a pure metal?
6. Why is the tungsten used almost exclusively for filament of electric lamps?