Anthropology Mains 2012 : Paper 1 – SECTION A
2. Ways of acquiring a spouse in simpler societies
3. Post-modernism in anthropology
4. relative dating methods
5. adaptive radiation in context of evolution
1. Discuss race Crossing in humans with suitable examples
2. Distinguish between religion, magic and science
3. discuss the role of ABO blood group system in resolving cases of disputed paternity.
1. compare and contrast the skull of Gorilla and man
2. discussed the typology and distribution of upper palaeolithic cultures in India
3. What are the lethal and sublethal genes? Explain
1. Describe the types of kinship groups formed on the basis of different principles 20 marks
2. give a competitive account of the variations in haemoglobin levels and respiratory functions among the populations living under different environmental stresses – 30 marks
3. commented briefly on the phylogenetic position of Australopithecines. – 10 marks
Paper I Section B
1. is family a social institution?
2. Application of anthropometry in designing
3. band and tribal societies
4. Genetic counselling
5. Epidemiological anthropology
1. how does improved aerobic fitness increase exercise tolerance in warm humid climates? Give suitable examples in support of your answer.
2. what are the tools of data collection? Discuss the advantages and limitations of participant – observations as a technique of data collection
3. discuss the chromosomal aberrations and manifestations of Klinefelter and Turner Syndromes
1. explain any to biological theories of ageing based on purposeful events
2. what are the basis of social stratification? Discuss with examples
3. explain the concept of status and role in anthropology
1. briefly discuss the important causes for the variations in occurrence and intensity of parasitic disease among different populations
2. what are the genetic effects of Consanguinity ? give examples
3. briefly discuss the applications of the knowledge of human osteology in forensic investigations.